SINT Technology has developed a proper stress analyzer which allows an accurate residual stress analysis by the hole-drilling method: this system is called MTS3000 – Restan and allows an automatic residual stress test by the hole-drilling, in accordance with the ASTM standards.
The drilling process is made at very high speed (400.000 rpm), with a step- by- step sequence and several drilling sequences and options.
Thanks to an electronic device with USB connection and a specific software, the tests are completely PC-controlled.
Moreover, the residual stress analysis by the MTS3000 uses the high speed drilling technique, that preserve the material to get more stresses during the test.
The high-speed drilling system comprises:
- A high-speed air turbine, 400000 rpm
- A tungsten carbide inverted cone end mill
- A mechanical-optical device
- An electronic device that makes the test completely automatic
- Control and back calculation software
- Full compatibility to ASTM E837 standard, the only complete standard for analyzing residual stress available in the world