The company has been in business since 1990 and is located in Calenzano, on the outskirts of Florence.
Initially business was centered around research and development for small and medium sized firms and measurement and testing services for the mechanical engineering industry. Experience and competency in measurement and testing have generated substantial growth and the company now provides a diversified range of services and products.
The company has a staff of over 20 graduate engineers who are all trained and qualified in measurement, analysis and diagnostics and mechanical, electronic and software design engineering.
SINT Technology’s main business activities are:
- Laboratory measurement, testing, analysis and diagnostic services applied to stress, vibration, noise, emissions and the thermodynamic performance of machinery and plants
- Production of measuring equipment for special applications, including metal and stone materials, and metal and stone works of art
- Mechanical and electronic design engineering, construction and supply of special equipment. Design engineering and production of software for various applications: as an integral part of measuring equipment produced by SINT Technology, for acquisition of laboratory data, and for custom-design computer programs
- Training: the only center recognized by CICPND (Centro Italiano di Coordinamento per le Prove Non Distruttive), the Italian Coordination Center for Nondestructive Testing, for providing first and second-level certification training courses and examinations for strain gage testing engineers (see the News section for the next course and examination dates)
- Subsidized Research: consulting services for small and medium sized enterprises concerning research and development of innovation in technology and access to subsidies authorized under Italian law for technology innovation.
In this connection, SINT Technology is one of the laboratories included by the Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (Ministero dell’Istruzione, dell’Università e della Ricerca – MIUR) in the register of highly qualified laboratories authorized to conduct research for small and medium sized enterprises. This recognition enables companies that commission a research project to benefit from automatic subsidies provided for by article 14 of decree 593 of 8 August 2000.
Since 1998 SINT Technology’s quality management system has conformed to the requirements of standard UNI EN ISO 9001 for the following applications:
mechanical, electronic and software design engineering for prototypes of new machines; design and construction of test facilities and data acquisition systems; noise level, vibration, turbomachinery performance and strain gage measurement services.
The certification body Det Norske Veritas (DNV) issued Certificate CERT-02678-98-AQ-BOL-SINCERT, attesting conformity of the company’s quality management system to standard UNI EN ISO 9001:2000.